Shetland Wool Adventures, a luxurious celebration in print of craft, creativity, adventure and all things Shetland.
Vol 2 Includes:
- 6 knitting patterns, beautifully photographed by Susan Molloy and illustrated Lorna Reid
- An interview with Kate Davies, Ruth Brownlee and Ellie Duncan of Island Ceramics
- 10 articles about Shetland wool, knitting, textiles and heritage
- 3 brilliant coastal walks by Gill Nadin
- Seasonal Shetland recipes by Marian Armitage
- Shetland books review by Hayley Anderton
- An exclusive first chapter of ‘A Fair Isle Nurse’ memoir written by Mona McAlpine that is being published by 60 North Publishing this autumn
- Garment Photography by Susan Molloy
Designers featured in this issue: Wilma Malcolmson, Ella Gordon, Anne Eunson, Rachel Hunter, Linda Shearer and Barbara Cheyne. Shetland is a beautiful and inspiring place and the Journal aims to bring a little piece of these magical isles to your home.
a limited edition journal full of beautiful photography, knitting patterns, walks, interesting stories, interviews, recipes and some personal insights into the lives of the isles’ top knitters and craftspeople.
DESCRIPTION ABOUT REVIEWS Beautiful handmade cotton rag paper envelopes containing a mix of cornflower, borage, and fiddleneck seeds in a range of colours. A selection of flowers for cutting that...
DESCRIPTION ABOUT REVIEWS Daucus Carota Wild Carrot. Dreamy white lace flowers with delicate stems and foliage, these beauties also always seem to self-seed in the perfect places. We love to...
DESCRIPTION ABOUT REVIEWS Opium poppy seeds 'Papaver Somniferum' in a tactile handmade cotton rag paper envelope. Not a flower for cutting - as such as the petals drop off as...
DESCRIPTION ABOUT REVIEWS Beautiful handmade cotton rag paper envelopes containing white double flowered Nigella Miss Jekyll. Beautiful and prolific flowers for cutting, that have a long flowering season and magical seed heads...