Native wildflowers are hugely beneficial to garden wildlife, so grow a beautiful meadow or a tasty salad to encourage the bees and butterflies into your flower beds or kitchen garden. A careful selection of pretty native wildflower seeds that bees and butterflies will just love! Ideal for all size gardens, raised beds, pots and window boxes.
- Great for giving as a gift
- Choose from 8 different varieties (see about tab for details)
- Wildlife encouraging flowers and plants
- See more in our full Plant Lovers collection
- Easy use - no need to 'plant' - just scatter on top of soil or compost.
- Each handy tin contains 20 seed balls.
- Scatter from Spring through to the end of Summer.
Remember to leave some plants to flower so they will provide tasty food for bees and butterflies. Each seed ball contains a mini ecosystem: seeds are mixed with clay, peat-free compost and a smidgen of chilli powder, the added chilli naturally protects seed from predators, such as ants, birds and slugs.
- Tea Mix - Chamomile, Anise, Mint,
- Salad Mix - Red Mustard, Green Mustard, Kale, Cress, Rocket
- Bee Mix approx - Foxglove, Viper’s-buglos, Birdsfoot trefoil, marjoram, Red clover.
- Butterfly Mix Forget-me-not, Red campion, Yarrow, Purple loosestrife, Musk mallow
- Poppy - beautiful native common poppy seeds.
- Cloud Mix - White clover, White campion, Oxeye daisy, Meadowsweet and Yarrow.
- Sky Mix - Forget-me-not, Meadow cranesbill, Cornflower, Selfheal and Wild clary.
- Urban Mix - Cornflower, Toadflax, Cowslip, Meadow cranesbill, Oxeye daisy, Red campion and Musk mallow.
Approximately 1cm in diameter, they are super easy to scatter. As a guide at least twenty seed balls per square meter is recommended for a garden, or 3 - 5 seed balls for a small to medium sized pot.
Tea and Herb seed balls contain approximately 100 seeds each and Salad seed balls contains approximately 30 seeds each.
Founders Ana and Emily were Conservation Scientists at Aberdeen University, researching how to save the world. Seedball want to fill the world with wildflowers and save bees and butterflies. Starting with your garden!
Seed balls will work well in most environments (as long as the seed is well-suited to the local climate and soil conditions) and they'll work as well in planting pots as in garden beds. Developed specifically with the UK in mind (and rest of north western Europe), all seed used is naturally distributed within this region.
All compost used is peat-free and seed is Flora Locale accredited. The tin packaging is manufactured by the last tin maker in London and powered with the help of a solar farm on the factory roof! Tin is also highly recyclable and reusable.
They donate all seed ball miss-shapes to school or community projects and 40% profits go to parent company Project Maya, an eco-social enterprise working to build a global network of conservation and sustainability reserves.
DESCRIPTION ABOUT REVIEWS This one's patina just gets better with time. Beautiful indoor copper watering can with a removable brass rose - a versatile can for watering small plants, pots,...