Issue 6 of the beautiful and atmospheric Nordic knit magazine Laine. Celebrating yarn, knitting and relaxing creatively, and the pleasure of enjoying a moment of woollen bliss. Patterns from leading knitwear designers, interviews, exciting travel articles, seasonal recipes and stunning visual storytelling. Issue 6 includes :-
- 140 pages
- 12 patterns by a collection of wonderful designers
- Portrait of Nancy Marchant
- Interview with Hélène Magnússon, the Icelandic Knitter
- Cecilia Lalanne of the 50-year old Manos del Uruguay
- Q&A with Kristin Ford of Woolfolk
- Seasonal recipes
- A travel guide to Reykjavík
For a full list of designers and yarns featured see about tab
Laine - Designers, patterns and yarns in issue 5:
1. Elfriede shawl - Shannon Cook
Cumbria Worsted by The Fibre Company, colourway Catbells.
2. Virginia sweater - Jonna Hietala
Ritual Dyes Priestess DK, colourway Rose Gold.
3. Sideways cardigan - Joji Locatelli
TOV by Woolfolk, colourway 3 T.
4. Hryggir sweater - Hélène Magnússon
Gilitrutt Tvíband by Hélène Magnússon, colourways Hafra Beige and Natural Brown - Love Story Einband by Hélène Magnússon, colourways Hafra Beige and Natural Brown.
5. Vinr socks - Andrea Mowry
Tukuwool Sock by Tukuwool, colourway Lehto.
6. Poet sweater - Sari Nordlund
Tukuwool Fingering, colourway 08 Runo.
7. Sode cardigan - Hiroko Payne
Merino Aran by La Bien Aimée, colourways Winterfell and Rust (Laine have photographed two cardigans).
8. Arbusto sweater - Rosa Pomar
Brusca by Rosa Pomar, colourway 5C.
9. Vav scarf - Esther Romo
Quarry by Brooklyn Tweed, colourway Hematite.
10. Selenite cardigan - Annie Rowden
Pure Shetland DK by Blacker Yarns, colourway Fawn.
11. Afterparty sweater - Astrid Troland
Le Cashmere & Lambswool by Biches & Bûches, colourways Dark Grey and Grey Brown.
12. Tortoiseshell shawl - Emily Wessel
Alpaca Tweed by The Border Mill, colourway Fudge.
DESCRIPTION DESIGNERS AND YARNS REVIEWS **Pre-order Ships 15th February 2019** Laine Magazine will be increasing in price to £22 this year, snap up your pre-order at £20.Beautiful and atmospheric Nordic knit...
DESCRIPTION ABOUT REVIEWS Issue Eight of Ernest Journal, a treasury of artefacts, specimens and curious tales. A smörgåsbord of photography, apparel and wild food. Rewilding in Romania; shanty boats; the peculiar world...
In Issue 10 of Openhouse 'By the hands of Men' they spend time with Gabriel of Apparatus Studio & Benoit Pierre Emery designer for Hermès, before climbing the heights in...
DESCRIPTION ABOUT REVIEWS The Frozen Volume of Another Escape embraces the cold. It discovers how extreme conditions can foster community, unity and togetherness, and how our passion for outdoor pursuits...