Out of Stock
The Frozen Volume of Another Escape embraces the cold. It discovers how extreme conditions can foster community, unity and togetherness, and how our passion for outdoor pursuits can empower us to face the elements.
- Observing nature’s cycles and the opportunities the colder season brings.
- Långfärdsskridsko: The art and beauty of Nordic skating.
- The Last of the Snowshoe Makers
- Enduring the seasons and tending a weather station in the wilds of Iceland.
- Changing Times: Norway’s complex relationship with climate change.
- The Fight to Save the Last of Britain’s Wildcats.
- The Adventure Race: The toughest cross-country ski race in the world.
- A culture founded on spirituality and traditional technologies.
- The role of artistry in creating awareness of climate change.
- And much much more...
It uncovers the resilience and ingenuity of communities that have prevailed in some of the planet’s most hostile environments, and how living in these enchanting yet unforgiving places has shaped their worldview. It explores the threats faced by frozen landscapes around the globe as the impacts of climate change become increasingly evident, and, crucially, this volume celebrates these unique icy regions in the hope that we may feel driven to preserve them for future generations.
Another Escape is an outdoor lifestyle, creative culture and sustainable living publication based out of Bristol, UK. Another Escape aims to be a source of inspiration for those who seek an active and considered lifestyle, by encouraging an optimistic, forward-thinking and responsible mindset.
DESCRIPTION ABOUT REVIEWS Lighten your soul and ease your mind with woodsy Cedar - known for its ability to aid relaxation and contemplation. These handcrafted incense sticks that are traditionally...
DESCRIPTION ABOUT REVIEWS The most beautiful pot stand ever? This stunning segmented plate of Ash is designed as a place to rest a hot pot and will gather a patina...
Out of Stock - £65.00
DESCRIPTION ABOUT REVIEWS Beautiful botanical print featuring wild coastal gorse, hand burnished with ink onto Japanese Washi Paper. Gorse is a plant of extremes, from its thorniness to delicate coconut-scented flowers,...
DESCRIPTION ABOUT REVIEWS Oak Bark tanned leather Roam camera bag that will age beautifully, and become full of character on your travels. Equally useful as an everyday bag, this camera bag fits the...