Beautiful and atmospheric Nordic knit magazine Laine - issue 8, celebrates the pleasure of enjoying a moment of woollen bliss with patterns from leading knitwear designers, interviews, exciting travel articles, seasonal recipes and stunning visual storytelling.
**Please note: The interview with Lavanya Patricella in this issue has been re-edited and can be found here**
Issue Nine '1833' also includes 13 knitting patterns from a talented group of designers: Fiona Alice, Rachel Brockman, Olga Buraya-Kefelian, Aleks Byrd, Renée Callahan, Verena Cohrs, Elly Fales, Whitney Hayward, Marianne Munier, Lavanya Patricella, Lucía Ruiz de Aguirre, Susanne Sommer and Becky Sørensen.
- 140 pages
- Interview with Lavanya Patricella
- Long format story about Petra Mikaelsson from Fru Valborg
- My story by Kristine Vejar from A Verb For Keeping Warm
- Column by Jeanette Sloan
- Seasonal recipes
- A travel guide to Munich - the best spots to stay, eat and shop
- For a full list of designers and yarns featured see about tab
Laine - Designers, patterns and yarns in issue 8:
1) PINACEAE, sweater Rachel Brockman
Yarn: Lore by The Fibre Co. (colourway: Courage)
2) MISS APPLE’S LITTLE CARDI, cardigan Lucía Ruiz de Aguirre
Yarns: Brusca by Rosa Pomar (colourway: 10C) and Sensai by ITO (colourway 342 Pool Green)
3) JOY, cardigan Renée Callahan
Yarn: Rockwell by Jill Draper Makes Stuff (colourway: Clear Skies)
4) RISTTEE, sweater Aleks Byrd
Yarn: Knit by Numbers 4 ply by John Arbon (colourways: KBN117, KBN118, KBN119, KBN120, KBN86)
5) FLOREA, mittens Becky Sørensen
Yarn: Tukuwool Sock by Tukuwool (colourway: Runo)
6) WOODBINE, sweater Fiona Alice
Yarns: Bowland Aran by Eden Cottage Yarns (colourways: Oak, Bark) and Eldwick Lace by Eden Cottage Yarns (colourway: Bark)
7) MÖKKI, sweater Verena Cohrs
Yarn: Gilliatt by De Rerum Natura (colourway: Goeland)
8) PIANTA DI GRANO, wrap Lavanya Patricella
Yarn: Rustic Fingering by Neighborhood Fiber Co. (colourways: Basquiat, Upton)
9) LUMI, sweater Marianne Munier
Yarn: Loft by Brooklyn Tweed (colourway: Hayloft)
10) SUMMER LONGING, cardigan Susanne Sommer
Yarn: Tamtam DK by Frida Fuchs (colourway: Granatapfel)
11) RAMSAY, sweater Whitney Hayward
Yarn: Luft by Woolfolk (colourway: L9 Eggplant)
12) UPPLEGA, socks Elly Fales
Yarn: Nomade by Julie Asselin (colourways: Ardoise, Heathered Biscotti)
13) WINTER SUNS, shawl Olga Buraya-Kefelian
Yarns: North Ave by Plied Yarn Co. (colourways: Divine, Webb), Studio DK by Neighborhood Fiber Co. (colourways: Oliver, Cross Street Market, Butcher’s Hill, Mondawmin).
DESCRIPTION ABOUT REVIEWS Cytisus Striatus - Portuguese Broom. Inspired by the native wild plants of Portugal, this beautiful vintage style botanical illustration is printed on antique peach coloured paper, in high-quality archival ink with details highlighted in shimmering...
DESCRIPTION ABOUT REVIEWS Lavandula Stoechas - wild lavender. Inspired by the native wild plants of Portugal, this beautiful vintage style botanical illustration is printed on antique peach coloured paper, in high quality archival ink with...
DESCRIPTION ABOUT REVIEWS The Selkie Wrap, a one-off shawl handwoven by Bright Moon Weaving Studio on the South coast of England. The yarns in this piece have been botanically dyed before blending...
DESCRIPTION ABOUT REVIEWS The Selkie is a one-off throw handwoven by Bright Moon Weaving Studio on the South coast of England, forming part of a beautifully tactile and opulent collection of organically...