The Frozen Volume of Another Escape embraces the cold. It discovers how extreme conditions can foster community, unity and togetherness, and how our passion for outdoor pursuits can empower us to face the elements.
- Observing nature’s cycles and the opportunities the colder season brings.
- Långfärdsskridsko: The art and beauty of Nordic skating.
- The Last of the Snowshoe Makers
- Enduring the seasons and tending a weather station in the wilds of Iceland.
- Changing Times: Norway’s complex relationship with climate change.
- The Fight to Save the Last of Britain’s Wildcats.
- The Adventure Race: The toughest cross-country ski race in the world.
- A culture founded on spirituality and traditional technologies.
- The role of artistry in creating awareness of climate change.
- And much much more...
It uncovers the resilience and ingenuity of communities that have prevailed in some of the planet’s most hostile environments, and how living in these enchanting yet unforgiving places has shaped their worldview. It explores the threats faced by frozen landscapes around the globe as the impacts of climate change become increasingly evident, and, crucially, this volume celebrates these unique icy regions in the hope that we may feel driven to preserve them for future generations.
Another Escape is an outdoor lifestyle, creative culture and sustainable living publication based out of Bristol, UK. Another Escape aims to be a source of inspiration for those who seek an active and considered lifestyle, by encouraging an optimistic, forward-thinking and responsible mindset.
DESCRIPTION ABOUT REVIEWS A magazine for gardeners, plant admirers, nature lovers and curious outdoor explorers. The summer edition of Bloom takes you from a simple guide to getting the best...
DESCRIPTION ABOUT REVIEWS The stunning Water Volume of Another Escape shares in the lives of those deeply connected to water. It uncovers the restorative power of diving in, and it...
A cyclo-touring book of stills from the short film; California Gölde, shot in the Sequoia National Forest on 35mm & 120 Kodak from our good friend Sandy Carson. Stills by Ronnie...
DESCRIPTION ABOUT REVIEWS A must for anyone dreaming of making a cut flower patch a reality. In this beautiful book, brimming with inspirational photographs, Clare Nolan reveals her secrets for...