The Frozen Volume of Another Escape embraces the cold. It discovers how extreme conditions can foster community, unity and togetherness, and how our passion for outdoor pursuits can empower us to face the elements.
- Observing nature’s cycles and the opportunities the colder season brings.
- Långfärdsskridsko: The art and beauty of Nordic skating.
- The Last of the Snowshoe Makers
- Enduring the seasons and tending a weather station in the wilds of Iceland.
- Changing Times: Norway’s complex relationship with climate change.
- The Fight to Save the Last of Britain’s Wildcats.
- The Adventure Race: The toughest cross-country ski race in the world.
- A culture founded on spirituality and traditional technologies.
- The role of artistry in creating awareness of climate change.
- And much much more...
It uncovers the resilience and ingenuity of communities that have prevailed in some of the planet’s most hostile environments, and how living in these enchanting yet unforgiving places has shaped their worldview. It explores the threats faced by frozen landscapes around the globe as the impacts of climate change become increasingly evident, and, crucially, this volume celebrates these unique icy regions in the hope that we may feel driven to preserve them for future generations.
Another Escape is an outdoor lifestyle, creative culture and sustainable living publication based out of Bristol, UK. Another Escape aims to be a source of inspiration for those who seek an active and considered lifestyle, by encouraging an optimistic, forward-thinking and responsible mindset.
Cereal Magazine Volume 17 explores the subject of process. Interpretations of the theme range from: creating a garden (with Luciano Giubbilei), developing fragrances (with Lyn Harris), crafting garments (with Faye & Erica Toogood), refining hospitality...
Woven Magazine Issue 4 explores the paradoxes at play in our world: death and rebirth, old and new, past and future. They take on a mindset of endless growth and...
In Issue 11 'A New Take on Tradition' - Openhouse aim to recover the past while moving forward. They spend a day with Ano Declercq and Miquel Alzueta, discuss art...
Rucksack Magazine Vol 4: The Pursuit Issue. The stories in this issue are about pursuit; a never-ending search influenced and shaped by our experience of life. In this Issue, Rucksack explores...