Shetland Wool Adventures, a luxurious celebration in print of craft, creativity, adventure and all things Shetland.
Vol 2 Includes:
- 6 knitting patterns, beautifully photographed by Susan Molloy and illustrated Lorna Reid
- An interview with Kate Davies, Ruth Brownlee and Ellie Duncan of Island Ceramics
- 10 articles about Shetland wool, knitting, textiles and heritage
- 3 brilliant coastal walks by Gill Nadin
- Seasonal Shetland recipes by Marian Armitage
- Shetland books review by Hayley Anderton
- An exclusive first chapter of ‘A Fair Isle Nurse’ memoir written by Mona McAlpine that is being published by 60 North Publishing this autumn
- Garment Photography by Susan Molloy
Designers featured in this issue: Wilma Malcolmson, Ella Gordon, Anne Eunson, Rachel Hunter, Linda Shearer and Barbara Cheyne. Shetland is a beautiful and inspiring place and the Journal aims to bring a little piece of these magical isles to your home.
a limited edition journal full of beautiful photography, knitting patterns, walks, interesting stories, interviews, recipes and some personal insights into the lives of the isles’ top knitters and craftspeople.
The stories in this issue of Rucksack Magazine explore the theme of coast; vast, open spaces in a constant state of change. Through ‘Coast’, Rucksack showcase how these landscapes are...
DESCRIPTION ABOUT REVIEWS Polished concrete and eco-silver drop earrings with sterling silver wire, with a pattern and texture reminiscent of the shadows cast upon the changing moon. The concrete in...
DESCRIPTION ABOUT REVIEWS Pale and beautiful Sycamore Vase hand turned in the UK, a pared-back design that would be equally at home in a contemporary or traditional interior. Each vase is...
DESCRIPTION ABOUT REVIEWS This beautiful wrap is woven entirely from plant based fibres, with a cotton and linen warp and handspun hemp, nettle and flax weft, naturally dyed using pomegranate,...