Beautiful and atmospheric Nordic knit magazine Laine - issue 8, celebrates the pleasure of enjoying a moment of woollen bliss with patterns from leading knitwear designers, interviews, exciting travel articles, seasonal recipes and stunning visual storytelling.
**Please note: The interview with Lavanya Patricella in this issue has been re-edited and can be found here**
Issue Nine '1833' also includes 13 knitting patterns from a talented group of designers: Fiona Alice, Rachel Brockman, Olga Buraya-Kefelian, Aleks Byrd, Renée Callahan, Verena Cohrs, Elly Fales, Whitney Hayward, Marianne Munier, Lavanya Patricella, Lucía Ruiz de Aguirre, Susanne Sommer and Becky Sørensen.
- 140 pages
- Interview with Lavanya Patricella
- Long format story about Petra Mikaelsson from Fru Valborg
- My story by Kristine Vejar from A Verb For Keeping Warm
- Column by Jeanette Sloan
- Seasonal recipes
- A travel guide to Munich - the best spots to stay, eat and shop
- For a full list of designers and yarns featured see about tab
Laine - Designers, patterns and yarns in issue 8:
1) PINACEAE, sweater Rachel Brockman
Yarn: Lore by The Fibre Co. (colourway: Courage)
2) MISS APPLE’S LITTLE CARDI, cardigan Lucía Ruiz de Aguirre
Yarns: Brusca by Rosa Pomar (colourway: 10C) and Sensai by ITO (colourway 342 Pool Green)
3) JOY, cardigan Renée Callahan
Yarn: Rockwell by Jill Draper Makes Stuff (colourway: Clear Skies)
4) RISTTEE, sweater Aleks Byrd
Yarn: Knit by Numbers 4 ply by John Arbon (colourways: KBN117, KBN118, KBN119, KBN120, KBN86)
5) FLOREA, mittens Becky Sørensen
Yarn: Tukuwool Sock by Tukuwool (colourway: Runo)
6) WOODBINE, sweater Fiona Alice
Yarns: Bowland Aran by Eden Cottage Yarns (colourways: Oak, Bark) and Eldwick Lace by Eden Cottage Yarns (colourway: Bark)
7) MÖKKI, sweater Verena Cohrs
Yarn: Gilliatt by De Rerum Natura (colourway: Goeland)
8) PIANTA DI GRANO, wrap Lavanya Patricella
Yarn: Rustic Fingering by Neighborhood Fiber Co. (colourways: Basquiat, Upton)
9) LUMI, sweater Marianne Munier
Yarn: Loft by Brooklyn Tweed (colourway: Hayloft)
10) SUMMER LONGING, cardigan Susanne Sommer
Yarn: Tamtam DK by Frida Fuchs (colourway: Granatapfel)
11) RAMSAY, sweater Whitney Hayward
Yarn: Luft by Woolfolk (colourway: L9 Eggplant)
12) UPPLEGA, socks Elly Fales
Yarn: Nomade by Julie Asselin (colourways: Ardoise, Heathered Biscotti)
13) WINTER SUNS, shawl Olga Buraya-Kefelian
Yarns: North Ave by Plied Yarn Co. (colourways: Divine, Webb), Studio DK by Neighborhood Fiber Co. (colourways: Oliver, Cross Street Market, Butcher’s Hill, Mondawmin).
DESCRIPTION ABOUT REVIEWS Ajanta temple grade, natural incense sticks have a wonderfully evocative scent and are known for their clearing properties. Profound base notes of spicy Clove and Cinnamon surround...
DESCRIPTION ABOUT REVIEWS Soft and creamy almond tones in 100% Eco Lambswool. This blanket suits any space with its subtle striped woven pattern and calming colours. Stay cosy in all seasons,...
DESCRIPTION ABOUT REVIEWS Mossy + fresh, this incense has a bright fragrance that lifts a space and gently decorates the atmosphere with musk and amber. Like walking over a wooded...
DESCRIPTION ABOUT REVIEWS Delicately textured washed linen scarf with a timeless appeal, easy to wear in cool or warm weather. Wrapped tight or worn loose around the shoulders, the casual...