Beautiful and atmospheric Nordic knit magazine Laine - issue 8, celebrates the pleasure of enjoying a moment of woollen bliss with patterns from leading knitwear designers, interviews, exciting travel articles, seasonal recipes and stunning visual storytelling.
**Please note: The interview with Lavanya Patricella in this issue has been re-edited and can be found here**
Issue Nine '1833' also includes 13 knitting patterns from a talented group of designers: Fiona Alice, Rachel Brockman, Olga Buraya-Kefelian, Aleks Byrd, Renée Callahan, Verena Cohrs, Elly Fales, Whitney Hayward, Marianne Munier, Lavanya Patricella, Lucía Ruiz de Aguirre, Susanne Sommer and Becky Sørensen.
- 140 pages
- Interview with Lavanya Patricella
- Long format story about Petra Mikaelsson from Fru Valborg
- My story by Kristine Vejar from A Verb For Keeping Warm
- Column by Jeanette Sloan
- Seasonal recipes
- A travel guide to Munich - the best spots to stay, eat and shop
- For a full list of designers and yarns featured see about tab
Laine - Designers, patterns and yarns in issue 8:
1) PINACEAE, sweater Rachel Brockman
Yarn: Lore by The Fibre Co. (colourway: Courage)
2) MISS APPLE’S LITTLE CARDI, cardigan Lucía Ruiz de Aguirre
Yarns: Brusca by Rosa Pomar (colourway: 10C) and Sensai by ITO (colourway 342 Pool Green)
3) JOY, cardigan Renée Callahan
Yarn: Rockwell by Jill Draper Makes Stuff (colourway: Clear Skies)
4) RISTTEE, sweater Aleks Byrd
Yarn: Knit by Numbers 4 ply by John Arbon (colourways: KBN117, KBN118, KBN119, KBN120, KBN86)
5) FLOREA, mittens Becky Sørensen
Yarn: Tukuwool Sock by Tukuwool (colourway: Runo)
6) WOODBINE, sweater Fiona Alice
Yarns: Bowland Aran by Eden Cottage Yarns (colourways: Oak, Bark) and Eldwick Lace by Eden Cottage Yarns (colourway: Bark)
7) MÖKKI, sweater Verena Cohrs
Yarn: Gilliatt by De Rerum Natura (colourway: Goeland)
8) PIANTA DI GRANO, wrap Lavanya Patricella
Yarn: Rustic Fingering by Neighborhood Fiber Co. (colourways: Basquiat, Upton)
9) LUMI, sweater Marianne Munier
Yarn: Loft by Brooklyn Tweed (colourway: Hayloft)
10) SUMMER LONGING, cardigan Susanne Sommer
Yarn: Tamtam DK by Frida Fuchs (colourway: Granatapfel)
11) RAMSAY, sweater Whitney Hayward
Yarn: Luft by Woolfolk (colourway: L9 Eggplant)
12) UPPLEGA, socks Elly Fales
Yarn: Nomade by Julie Asselin (colourways: Ardoise, Heathered Biscotti)
13) WINTER SUNS, shawl Olga Buraya-Kefelian
Yarns: North Ave by Plied Yarn Co. (colourways: Divine, Webb), Studio DK by Neighborhood Fiber Co. (colourways: Oliver, Cross Street Market, Butcher’s Hill, Mondawmin).
DESCRIPTION ABOUT REVIEWS Ingenious bags of magic to enhance your environment and elevate your senses! This 100% natural room fragrance, is exactly why we love getting behind Helleo's sustainability and zero...
DESCRIPTION ABOUT REVIEWS Summon the spirit of The Green Fairy with this dual-purpose salvation balm, a light, non-greasy formula to soften dry hands and lips. With Absinthe and yarrow extract...
DESCRIPTION ABOUT REVIEWS A mini massage in a jar. This travel-sized balm is ideal to relieve muscular pain and soothe aching feet. With arnica - a natural anti-inflammatory muscle relaxant,...
DESCRIPTION ABOUT REVIEWS Agros is an Organic tea blend named after its herbs which reflect the agricultural ecosystems of Greece, extended areas without limits and obstacles encouraging the freedom of...