The Frozen Volume of Another Escape embraces the cold. It discovers how extreme conditions can foster community, unity and togetherness, and how our passion for outdoor pursuits can empower us to face the elements.
- Observing nature’s cycles and the opportunities the colder season brings.
- Långfärdsskridsko: The art and beauty of Nordic skating.
- The Last of the Snowshoe Makers
- Enduring the seasons and tending a weather station in the wilds of Iceland.
- Changing Times: Norway’s complex relationship with climate change.
- The Fight to Save the Last of Britain’s Wildcats.
- The Adventure Race: The toughest cross-country ski race in the world.
- A culture founded on spirituality and traditional technologies.
- The role of artistry in creating awareness of climate change.
- And much much more...
It uncovers the resilience and ingenuity of communities that have prevailed in some of the planet’s most hostile environments, and how living in these enchanting yet unforgiving places has shaped their worldview. It explores the threats faced by frozen landscapes around the globe as the impacts of climate change become increasingly evident, and, crucially, this volume celebrates these unique icy regions in the hope that we may feel driven to preserve them for future generations.
Another Escape is an outdoor lifestyle, creative culture and sustainable living publication based out of Bristol, UK. Another Escape aims to be a source of inspiration for those who seek an active and considered lifestyle, by encouraging an optimistic, forward-thinking and responsible mindset.
DESCRIPTION ABOUT REVIEWS We are so excited to have Karolin Schnoor's beautiful Tattoo Lady Calendar back for 2019 after a hiatus last year, and now exclusively available only through our...
DESCRIPTION ABOUT REVIEWS Summon the spirit of The Green Fairy with this dual-purpose salvation balm, a light, non-greasy formula to soften dry hands and lips. With Absinthe and yarrow extract...
Sold Out - £10.00
DESCRIPTION ABOUT REVIEWS Agros is an Organic tea blend named after its herbs which reflect the agricultural ecosystems of Greece, extended areas without limits and obstacles encouraging the freedom of...
DESCRIPTION ABOUT REVIEWS Ajanta temple grade, natural incense sticks have a wonderfully evocative scent and are known for their clearing properties. Profound base notes of spicy Clove and Cinnamon surround...